View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 12:38 PM

My previous post was in error, a crucial missing step that I failed to mention is that you currently need to navigate to and begin editing each previously edited stored document, then navigate away or close UR. This recovery process is documented in the help file (available online @ http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...er_system_.htm).

You mention that the temp file is deleted, what external application are you referring to? My tests with Microsoft Word show that UR doesn't delete the temp file while in use (it actually can't since Word prevents it). If UR is deleting this file when it is shutdown (while the temp file is still being edited), when you save it later in the external app, wouldn't it have to recreate the temp file anyway? Or are you restarting UR, and when it is later closed it deletes the temp file? If so, the above method should work to recover the file...

We do have on our list a cleaner method of warning users about this situation (at UR shutduwn) and/or prompting the user at restart if uncommitted temp files exist.