View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 10:54 AM

How to view (display) combined text(s)?

I simply don't find it anymore, but I think I remember that in UR it's possible to see combined text, like, I select two or more items, then trigger the command I don't find anymore, and then, within the Content Pane, I see the texts of those items combined, in tree order.

Ideally, I could also had been able to edit that combined text, those edits then to be replicated into the original items, but I think that's not possible, I just remember (or think I remember) I could view the combined text.

Also, it would have been preferable or even much more important to have those combined texts by searching, since before viewing those texts, I don't know yet in which items they the terms I'm after, are "hidden", but again, I just think I remember it was by manually selecting the items in the tree - should then also be / have been possible, or be easy to implement? - by selecting the items in the search results, though, since in the end, it's not important, for other commands, from WHERE the item(s) is / are selected, upon which some command then is run?

(Btw, it's reasonable that first, I would have to select the items in question, even from the search results list, since that would enable me to discard unwanted search results from the combined view/display.)

I also remember (if I'm not totally mistaken) that I left it then, since the building of the combination was too slow for my liking, but now, I'm again after that, for just multiple items, each of which contain just one or two paragraphs of text, so with just some items, and just some paragraphs, the speed problem shouldn't be as virulent.

But of course, when I now select several items, I just get, "%n% items selected", and I don't find (context menu, edit menu, view menu, item menu, tree menu, tools... help file...) the needed command for then displaying the combo. (Or does my memory plays games with me?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention: Whilst the ability to EDIT the "originals" from within the combined view would probably not be realistic, navigating (!) to the item in question, from within the combined view, would perhaps be possible, e.g. by double (mouse) click? But currently, as said, I don't even know anymore how to view the combined display.