Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2024, 08:21 AM

Dropbox does remove the urd-journal files. I believe it does not do it unless user or application issues a filesystem delete to which Dropbox reacts by asking the user if they really want to delete.

My understanding is that these journal files exist only if there are uncommitted/unsaved changes. Once changes are saved, UR deletes the file. If UR crashes, these files remain. UR needs to restart to apply the changes in the journal file then deletes it.

If this file exists when UR is not running, we can infer a crash or an abnormal UR exit.

I have been using UR with Dropbox for nearly 15 years for about 20 DBs with a total size of 6g. Never seen such error.

On a default install of Dropbox, user is notified upon file deletions. Working with UR will result in frequent notifications like the one below probably every few minutes. It becomes to disruptive so I check 'don't ask me this again'.

Thanks for sharing.
Attached Images

Last edited by cnewtonne; 04-26-2024 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:59 PM

Further issue after adding links (not copies) to 17 adobe pdf files

a couple of times recently i have seen these errors after adding linked adobe acrobat pdf files. the first occurs on opening the urd file and the second on compact/repair. Any advice gratefully received. So far the only fix has been to revert to a prior version
unfortunately the database is full of personal information which I can't share.
all the best David
1. Error loading pane: database disk image is malformed
2. Error repairing database: Attribute names must be unique (case-insensitive comparison)

Last edited by djmallinson; 04-28-2024 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:08 AM

djmallinson ....
Is dropbox (or any other cloud storage service) involved in your use-case at all?