Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Form Details command - what does it do?

hi,

I'm not quite sure what the command "Form Details" (View > Other Windows > Form Details) is meant to do. Well, I assume it should put the cursor into the first field of that item's form, if it has one. But when I select the command (either directly via the menu or through a keyboard shortcut), nothing happens - or seems to happen.

-- David_F
Old 02-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Administrator

When an item doesn't have a form, the Item Details pane contains only the text editor, web browser, etc.

When an item has a form, the Item Details pane contains the form, and the detail view (text editor, web browser, etc.) is displayed below the form. The View | Other Windows | Form Details command moves focus to the detail area below the form. This allows you to press a shortcut (default is Ctrl+Shift+2) to go to that area instead of tabbing through every form field.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanks! It seems it's the opposite to what I thought - it's to take you directly to the Item Details pane (what I think of as the Editor). I thought it must be something to do with being in the item text (Item Details pane) and switching focus to the form...

This is really useful, as I was getting a little irritated with how when I moved from eg the Tree to the Editor with tab or ctrl-2 I had to tab first through all the form fields, if there was a form there. So this answers that need very well. It also explains I guess why the shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-2 - it's a variant on Ctrl-2...

Exploring along the same lines, I've found the toggle forms off/on switch also extremely useful, esp if you give it a shortcut.

I would suggest the wording of this command though is unclear. It makes it sound as though you're going to the form details, whereas actually you're skipping them.

-- David_F

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: