Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-09-2017, 08:22 AM

Error loading items

hi,

I have been frequently getting this error message in UR:

Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  12.5 KB

This is always associated with copying a web page into UR. Basically it means the database becomes unusable, as from then on I get this error in response to any action on any item. I generally do a Compact/Repair at this point, and this often seems to fix it, but the error always comes back at some point. The only lasting solution in each case I have found is to delete the web page in question from UR. Which is not always easy as the error message itself prevents me taking this action... Kind of a catch-22...

Additionally, I think setting "Download scripts" to true in the Import Options may help.

Any words of advice on this? Do we know definitively what causes it, and is there a way of always avoiding it?

David_F
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Regarding the catch-22, you can right-click on a problem item and choose Delete to delete without loading the item.

Regarding the problem itself, it's not a known issue. Please ZIP and send or post a .urd file with a problem item, or the URL of a web page that results in this behavior.

http://kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038
Old 01-09-2017, 03:48 PM

Well, after doing a few compact-and-repairs, closing and reopening etc, the problem (this particular one) has gone away, and this particular database is no longer giving me any problems. I will keep an eye on it and the next time it happens rather than trying to fix it I will send it off to you.

For what it's worth, this is one of the web pages that caused (or seemed to cause) this problem:

http://whatscotlandthinks.org/questi...ication-5#line

One of the features of the problem is that at some point, eg after compact/repair, UR will tell me this page has changed, and do I want to save the changes (this is even if I've saved it as a link in UR, not stored). UR will then create a folder containing all the .js, .css .svg etc files for that page.

Last edited by David_F; 01-09-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Thank you for sending the detailed information to reproduce the issue. This is fixed in the latest download (5.2.0.11). The problem was due to Tools | Options | Documents | Automatically begin editing web page items when selected being checked -- in this case, the browser's edit function was being invoked on linked pages, which it shouldn't have been, and it resulted in the error condition you saw for some pages.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:10 AM

Glad you could get to the bottom of it!

David_F

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: