Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 01-25-2017, 12:41 PM

Daylight saving time in Date Created attribute?

Kinook,

I use the "Date Created" attribute in the title of some items. I just noticed that on many of those items, the Date Created is 1 hour behind where it was when I made the item. I can verify this because the title shows one date & time and the attribute shows another. These items were made before the most recent time change.

With this behavior, half of all of my entries (I write a daily journal) at any given time will be 1 hour wrong.

Is there a way to change this behavior and make the Date Created attribute never change?

Bill

Last edited by kb5cth; 01-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Administrator

UR converts UTC times to local time using the Bias returned by the GetTimeZoneInformation Windows API. I guess you could tweak the TZ registry information or update via SetTimeZoneInformation if you don't want Windows to adjust for DST. You can also disable DST adjustment via the registry -- see http://www.thewindowsclub.com/daylig...g-time-windows.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:50 PM

I would expect that the Creation Date Attribute data would be stored information in the database. Wouldn't it then be a simple piece of data that is being displayed? Regardless of the setting of DST when the data was entered, isn't that data simply a string or other static piece of information that experiences no further manipulation when later being displayed, much like any string that has been stored?

Or is that info recreated (and thus adjusted for a new local setting) every time the program runs or that data is displayed?

Sadly, I run portable. No registry changes allowed on some of the machines I run. Hence apparently, no solution.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Timestamps are stored in UTC and converted to local time when displayed in UR.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordi...Universal_Time
Old 01-26-2017, 05:43 AM

Red face Now I get it!

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I suppose I can at least move all times more than an hour away from midnight so the date stays constant.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: