Kinook Software Forum

Go Back   Kinook Software Forum > Ultra Recall > [UR] General Discussion

Old 02-16-2017, 02:24 PM

Trying to use Foxit to display PDFs

hi,

I have Foxit set as my default application for opening PDFs, but in UR, it's always Adobe Acrobat that's used. Is there any way I can make UR use Foxit to display PDFs internally?

-- David_F
Old 02-16-2017, 04:07 PM

OK, probably jumped the gun on this, but I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat, to keep UR from using it and force it to use Foxit... Now when I try to show a pdf in the edit pane I get a "Server Busy" error message which I cannot get rid of and eventually I have to kill the UR process.

Update: This was using Foxit 7.2. I noticed I had an older version hanging around, 6.2; wondered if this was a problem with newer Foxit versions, uninstalled 7.2 and installed 6.2. It works perfectly with UR, displays great in browser view, very quick, not bloated... As long as I can keep it from asking me to update I think I'll keep this version. Is this Foxit version problem a known issue for UR users? Or do most people use Adobe?

-- David_F
Old 02-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Administrator

I use Foxit 6.2 with updates turned off and steer clear of newer versions (for different reasons than the issue you mentioned above).
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2017, 09:37 AM

I had foxit reader 8 as default pdf handler, UR did not like it and pdf's displayed diplopic.

I had to install latest release of acrobat reader & pdfs display great now. They'll continue to display fine even if you change your pdf handler to any other app later.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: