Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Is Version 1.4 going to be ready soon ? (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1389)

Da5id 12-09-2005 03:53 PM

Is Version 1.4 going to be ready soon ?

Are you going to have 1.4 ready this quarter? The quarter will be up soon,and haven't read anything about whether it will be available soon. I'm looking forward to the Alarms/tickler/reminder/recurring appointment functionality.

kevina 12-10-2005 09:41 AM

Yes, we still have a 2005Q4 planned v. 1.4 release, but it will likely be near the end of the month (we are currently testing and documenting an internal beta).

sunsetandlabrea 12-14-2005 04:49 AM

I see in the roadmap there is 'Outlook integration' for 1.4, can you give any more information about that? i.e. is it the ability to import outlook data or is it more of a two-way thing.

Thanks,

Richard

kevina 12-14-2005 08:51 AM

The Outlook integration in v. 1.4 supports storing, moving or linking Outlook Messages, Contacts, Appointments and Tasks into Ultra Recall using drag & drop or copy & paste.

It does not include two-way synchronization, but does support later re-synchronization (unless moved into UR).

sunsetandlabrea 12-14-2005 08:57 AM

Thanks very much. Sounds marvellous.

Does later this month mean before Christmas or after?

I'm excited about some of the new stuff.

Thanks,

Richard

xja 12-15-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kevina
The Outlook integration in v. 1.4 supports storing, moving or linking Outlook Messages, Contacts, Appointments and Tasks into Ultra Recall using drag & drop or copy & paste.
Will that include Outlook Notes as well?

Why would I want that, you ask, if I can store better notes in UR? Only because some notes I want to be able to sync to my Palm and using Outlook as the conduit could work well. While I could just make them into Outlook Tasks, I'd rather reserve those for actual Tasks.

While I am bothering you... besides dragging or copying existing Outlook items into UR, will it be possible to create new Outlook Contact info item, or Outlook Task info item, etc. in UR (with Insert Child) and have that new Outlook item created in Outlook automatically. That would be very cool.

kevina 12-15-2005 11:30 AM

Notes will link or store in Ultra Recall v. 1.4 as a Message, which works fine since a note only contains a title and some text anyway.

kinook 12-16-2005 11:01 PM

A beta release of v1.4 is now available at http://www.kinook.com/Download/UltraRecallBeta.exe (Win 2K/XP+ only).

Important: Please be sure to make a backup of your databases before installing the beta! Once a database is opened in v1.4, you will no longer be able to open it in v1.3b and prior.

Please report any issues you encounter with as much detail as possible to support@kinook.com.

Here is a list of changes in this release:

New Features & Enhancements

* Outlook integration (copy, link, move, and synchronize Outlook messages, contacts, appointments, tasks, and notes into Ultra Recall using drag/drop, copy/paste, or Outlook toolbar).
* Alarms/ticklers/reminders/recurring appointments.
* Internet Explorer toolbar for importing into UR.
* Persist OLE embedded viewer toolbar configuration (such as Word toolbars when editing .doc files inside of Ultra Recall).
* Persist rich text editor scroll position and selection on forward/back.
* Add option to wrap cell text (Tools | Options | Grids).
* Add option to auto-collapse other siblings when sibling expanded (Tools | Options | Trees).
* Add option to disable bolding of the selected item (Tools | Options | Grids).
* Add Insert Sibling drop-down menu/shortcut for templates (Tree | Insert Sibling, right-click | Insert Sibling, and Alt+Shift+Insert).
* External editing of Text and derived Info Items (Item | Open Document or Ctrl+J).
* Enhanced import capability (auto skip unreachable URLs [Tools | Options | Import (More)], option for better handling of duplicate URLs [Tools | Options | Import (More)], and capability to stop while keeping all imported changes so far).
* Support printing of item notes.
* Open containing folder items with a local URL (Item | Open Containing Folder or Ctrl+W).
* Allow Microsoft Word (in the internal browser view) to edit Text and derived Info Items.
* Drag/drop reordering of sibling items in tree (by holding Shift down while dragging among siblings).
* Synchronization enhancements (multiple selection, re-keywording).
* Customization of keyboard shortcuts (Tools | Customize | Keyboard).
* Export of documents sets file modification timestamps to item modification date.
* Display more templates in the Insert Child menu.
* Omit seconds from time and date+time formatting.

Bug fixes

* Matches Wildcard searches on Item Title/Parent Title didn't match attribute value correctly.
* Pasting page selection copied from FireFox 1.5 didn't work properly.
* Don't include collapsed items in typing searches in trees.
* Fix local http anchor links (http:://abc.com/test.html#) to work properly in internal browser.
* Context menus shown via keyboard displayed in wrong position if mouse cursor on different monitor.
* Going to a favorite always expands it even if expand on goto option unchecked if item was moved after creating the favorite.
* Font combo not keyboard-savvy.

Zula 12-17-2005 01:09 PM

Tree Clutter

How/when will the tree clutter issue be addressed?

blueshoes 12-18-2005 02:51 AM

thank's for the beta

thank's for the beta!! great improvements! could you put in some more fields in the contact template, like category, work address, title, ...?
will it be possible to synchronize a whole folder, like a contacts folder with all outlook contacts in it?

Regards
Clemens Fischmeister

kevina 12-19-2005 04:15 PM

Currently we are working hard to get v. 1.4 through beta and the final released by the end of the quarter (which we expect to do).

Now that version 1.4 is released to beta, no new features will make this version, but will be considered for future versions of UR.

We have received signficant feedback with a variety of ways to address "tree clutter", all of which have some merit. We did include a "collapse siblings when expanding an item" feature in v. 1.4, which we have found to be more useful than we expected, which at least somewhat addresses this issue.

Many of the different suggestions are quite different in nature and not necessarily compatible with each other. We are continuing to work through the proposed concepts with a goal of adding an intuitive, yet flexible way (or ways) to further enhance Ultra Recall's ability to manage large amounts of data, without compromising its ease of use and general design.

dasymington 12-19-2005 05:15 PM

I like the new beta version, particularly the automatic collapse of the tree and the reminders facility; although I'd really like a way to add a reminder/alarm to any type of info item without having to add at least two (I think) attributes to it.

Great work!

kevina 12-19-2005 05:23 PM

You only have to insert one if you insert either the Reminder attribute or Recurring attribute first (all the required attributes will be added automatically). You then only need to update the appropriate attribute values.

dasymington 12-19-2005 05:27 PM

Brilliant! I think I've got the hang of it now. Thanks.

alx 12-20-2005 06:04 AM

Excellent work guys!

alx