View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cnewtonne
it really boils down to this same logic browsers have i.e. to start a new content in a new tab. This is very different from duplicating a tab. For some reason, UR combined these 2 together and IMHO, they should be separated. It is risky and when you have 10 tabs open on average that way I do, you end up editing same item in multiple places without knowing. Yes, with the change in 3.2, tabs now refresh, but why even go there?
well, probably the browser logic doesn't apply completely to UR. Tabs now refresh, so there is no risk now ... and I'd say no need for an empty tab ;-)

It's probably coming from the concept, any tab has to point somewhere in the database, when you create new UR file, it has to have one item, the root, it cannot be just empty. It would probably cause problems, if tabs could be void and point nowhere, don't know, just guessing. As it is now, it opens the new tab (and points to the same item by default), you can do what you want, it's just some psychological thing ;-) that you need empty tab as you are used from browsers