View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Re: selecting paste location redundancy?

Quote:
Originally posted by janrif
Kinook, a question about this.

The implementation of placing data from another application into a specific folder is outstanding.

However, let's say user

from another app, usr selects data & places it in clipboard
user <Win><V>
dialog pops up with tree, other options + action = link or copy. This is a bit confusing to me. It seems if i am using <Win>V does that mean paste, i.e. copy what's in the clipboard. There is no linking to be had.
It depends on what was copied. For instance, if a URL was copied from a browser address bar or a filename from Explorer, link and copy are valid actions, but if a selection on a web page was copied, the Action field can be ignored since it will actually store the selection regardless.

Quote:
2nd point is that the action menu defaults to link (alphabetic to paste) so does user now have to change this action to paste as well as using <Win><V>?

I guess I don't understand why the action dialog is in there.
When using the Copy/Link browser buttons, the Action will depend on which button was pressed. When using the global hotkey, system tray, etc., the default action will depend on 'Tools | Options | Import | Store contents when importing and syncing files and Outlook items'.