View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 PM

very disappointed with synchronization

I have to say that, even with the go-faster registry settings - the synchronization process is going to be much better suited for disk based or outlook folders where there are not a huge number of items, and/or where the regularity of syncs needed is relatively infrequent.

In my case I wanted to keep a windows file system folder tree, containing a few thousand files and internet shortcuts, and several Outlook Folders each containing more than a thousand items, synchronized. Since these folders are changing several times a day, and synchronizing with UR locks you out of doing anything else with UR until completed - I find the sync process essentially unusable.

To be truly useful, the sync process needs to happen as a background process, and not lock up UR from doing anything else. Ideally, you should be able to set an Option/Preference where UR automatically checks for changes in the synchronized folders, at custom intervals specified by the user, and then the sync happens in the background while the user is getting on with something else (in UR)....