View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 AM

I've certainly not had any problems with UR reliability either. Maybe one way to partly guard against problems during the day prior to nightly backup, is to set up a macro to make a copy of the UR database whenever one has done enough work in UR to make it worthwhile running the macro.

Syncback looks very good and perhaps better than VersionBackup which I have, although I have been very happy with the latter.

Agree about slow degradation of Windows, but what a pain it is to reinstall! Easily put off!

Amazon Jungledisk S3 looks great value and better than any HyperOffice which I have looked at. Also the Amazon brand inspires confidence that it won't diappear.

Still, the question still remains why there is no backup functionality within UR. Since the product aims to become a central and essential repository of nearly all information, automatic backup, especially for the busy, lazy or ill informed, would be very useful. (Or might it give a false sense of security given Quant's very fair question?)