Thread: Beta discussion
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
ok, I reply to myself. The only reasonable work-around I could find is to add dummy attribute to the template with whatever default value, and add it as a first option to the name. Then just set it to empty for the items you want update your item title, and finally remove this dummy from the template completely ... works nicely, changed names for my whole library
Maybe something like this:

Create an Atrribute (Update_Title, Category = Update), then Insert it in the IA Pane for the Template of the Items you wish to re-Title. Leave the value for (Update_Title) blank.

Create the desired Title Expression for the Template and add this statement to the end:

|| trim(coalesce([Update_Title], ''))

Search on the Template and select records, goto the (Update_Title) attribute and add the space character, the selected Items will be re-Titled.

If at some point you want to re-Title again, repeat the above but remove the space character (or add another, they'll be "trimmed" out).

EDIT: I wonder if it would be worthwhile to include this when creating new Templates, or should re-Title come from within UR, or is this need just for the intial transition to the new capabilties?

Last edited by ashwken; 03-07-2008 at 11:24 PM.