View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
it might be a good idea if you use the same soft Kinook used to produce those online flash demos:
http://debugmode.com/wink/

It's free, easy to use (easier than UR ;-) ) and it would look more professional/presentable if those tutorials from different users have the same look/feel once they are put together on some web.
Yes, consistency of presentation would be a good thing and I would be interested in Kinook setting some standard for contributions - if were looking at user presentations being put up on the UR website.

Some of my concerns with the demos is that they appear to be done with screens from an 800x600 display and when viewed on the same size monitor they do not fit well in the browser - I wonder how many users are still running 800x600, I am at both work and home and probably won't switch to flat panel until these fail.

Although these demos are good for showing the flow of a procedure it's still nice to have a hardcopy that you can actually work from. I do see where Wink will output to pdf...

Also, how do I save these demos to my local system for off-line viewing?

Anyway, this is an interesting proposal and I'm a firm believer in users-helping-users (from my User Group days).