View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 03:03 AM

Question Scheduled Build not work ??

Hi,

I'm using VBP 5.5 which I upgrade from v4.7 few months ago, this is my first time that I try to use Scheduled task to run VBP project.

I followed the guide on the help both automatic and manual setup, my problem is as follows:

- There is no different when I run VisBuildPro.exe and VisBuildCmd.exe, there's no GUI showing for the first one wheh a schedule starts...?

- A more serious problem, when the build finish (which I can detect from the log file generated), the process is just hanging there without return any code, no matter that the build has any fails or not! I check windows scheduler log c:\WINNT\SchedLgU.Txt, it just said the task was started but no result is return (and the process is keep running)

So the next schedule time cannot start at all, until I goto stop the task the keep running first !

Did I miss anything? I run on Windows 2000 Server with all SPs, and have VS .Net 2003/ VSS6 installed as well.

I'm sure it's not windoes scheduler problem, since I try to run a small .bat file, it works correctly. And even though I try to start VBP project with this .bat file, the process is also still hanging.

I don't know if I miss any setting in VBP project to return the result code or not?

Thanks.

//matt