View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:23 PM

How to Access Quick Search?

A simple question, I know. However I cannot currently access Quick Search in URp. I am using V. 4.1.0.4. I have the "My Searches" pane auto-docked at the left side of my Data Explorer. I can expand that pane and use the advanced searches easily enough, but right now that is the only way I can search.

Quick Search does not appear either by using the Ctrl+Shft+F shortcut nor by using Edit>Search. All I get is the default Windows beep sound when I try.

I can't even get to Quick Search by clicking on the Quick Search link that appears in the Main window when I click on My Searches. Clicking on that gets me the beep sound also.

Searching the forum I did find a thread from 2007 where both quant and $Bill tried explaining how to perform Quick Searches within a focused sibling by creating a Search Info Item in the Data Explorer. Is that required? Should I first create a Search Info Item?

Sorry for the question about a subject that should be a very simple one to figure out - I haven't ever asked about this to date because it seems so lame to not be able to find the doggone Quick Search - it seemed to have gone missing about the time I upgraded to V.4 or maybe even earlier.

Thanks for any help with this!

Jim