View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by armsys
1. Does the email contain any attachment?
2. Is the same issue occurring on another computer?
3. Can you create a PST containing only the problematic email and post it here?
4. Could the email in question contain virus?
5. Is your computer infected by virus/malware/rogueware?
6. Can you read the email in your Outlook 2003? Does it require to download external files such as images? What if you disconnect the internet, can you still read your email?
1) Nope, the problematic emails are just plain text emails with no attachments at all, basically just just an email from when I register a program that has reg codes in it, so not even large.

2) It is not something I have been able to really try from another computer as I run Outlook only from my desktop so the PST is on that system. Something I wish Outlook would do (allow 2 instances of it reading/writing to the same shared PST file).

3) I could try and create a PST from those messages.

4) No viruses in the email. I run a scanner on my incoming and outgoing email. Also being just plain text with no attachments, it can't really be infected.

5) Nothing detected by my AV scanner nor by 2 other spyware/malware scanners.

6) I can read the "problem" emails fine even with Outlook being in offline mode. Like I said these are just simple plain text emails so nothing tricky in there like embedded images, etc...

I guess this is what "bothers" me the most about these emails is that being they are so simple, there is nothing that should prevent it from working.

Thanks,
Mark