Thread: Vanishing File!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 02:27 AM

Daly,

I opened a stored document and clicked "save as," to see in what folder it would appear, absent any redirection. It would seem that you saved the document in a temporary folder under Local Settings. So it probably really is gone. You can try looking in Documents and Settings/LocalSetting/UltraRecall to see if it's still there.

If you made changes and did an ordinary save, the changes would be preserved in UR, because an ordinary save preserves the changes in the same location as the document was stored. But if you want to do a "save as," you need to take care as to the folder to which you direct the new document.

I don't think you can perform a save as to another location within UR, at least not that I'm aware of. The procedure would be to move the saved document using the Data Explorer.

Stephen Diamond

PS This message got posted in the wrong thread. I don't think I made a mistake. I'm using a IE-based browser this time; there is perhaps an incompatibility between the forum and Opera Browser. But if this one goes bad, I give up.