View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Re: New attribute type: hyperlink

Sorry quant, I read your post, left it and am now back again still not understanding your requirements properly.
Quote:
I see that when I drag/drop into attribute value (either in Item attributes pane or directly into form), only the string is pasted, the URL info is stripped.
Are you for example selecting a URL in a document then drag&dropping into a string type attribute in UR?
Quote:
Could you please consider the support of hyperlinks as attribute value...turns out that I might need this badly...
Got a moment to convey how you want the proposed new hyperlink attribute to work?

Having asked the above, I will take the opportunity to make the following comments. I had logged for future posting a suggestion that I derived from an outlining tool I evaluated a while ago. It had a URL data type. It was pretty neat actually. Let's say the in-built Contact attributes Email (Work), Email (Home) and Web Site were of type URL. Imagine the following presentation / behaviour on the data entry form:

--- with no value assigned there is an edit box (like now)
--- with a value assigned it turns the familiar underlined blue
--- when you single left-click you send an email/open the web page
--- (UR parses the string to automatically detect email address |vs| web site address)
--- to edit an existing value, you right-click to make an edit box appear

NOTE: this would open up the opportunity for users to mimic the behaviour of the [Send] and [Go] buttons that exist on the in-built Contacts data entry form. Kinook could remove these buttons, replacing them with the proposed behaviour. This would save them from wondering about and responding to questions about "how do I create [Send] and [Go] buttons on my custom forms?"