View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

Re: New attribute type: hyperlink

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
...if this suggestion could be implemented:
please create "Has Children (links not taken into account)" search type. Then I'd be able to use links and still search for items that have no kids (apart from logical links)
Ah ha - I think I understand...

When you create a child item you want to lock in a formal child-parent relationship. When you logically link an item, you want to record a linked child-parent relationship. Then with searching, you could distinguish between Formal Children |vs| Linked Children, allowing you to isolate items with no formal children.

My guess is that this would be a real pain in the arse for Kinook. It's really neat the way you can flexibly delete an item from it's original parent and have it formally adopted straight away by it's subsequent parent. I doubt that UR stores anything special regards the original parent. BTW - if my previous paragraph was on the money, if you had a multi-logically linked item and you removed it from it's formal or original parent, how would you propose to deal with it? Would you allow it to orphan and thus no longer have a formal parent?