View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Again, I'm quite sure the Delete Files action will log every file it deletes if 'Log files that are deleted' is checked. But I'm not sure if the problem you're experiencing is with folders or files (or both). The Delete Files action does have an option to delete empty folders, but that option also honors exclusions. Also note that the List Files action doesn't list empty folders (you didn't provide a sample or much detail, so I'm not sure how you're listing the files/folders).

I've attached another .bld file (and log) that performs a svn checkout step (using VBP 6.4 and Subversion 1.4.3 on Win XP SP2), which does create some hidden .svn folders, each with prop-base, props, text-base, and tmp subfolders (as well as 4 files named all-wcprops, dir-prop-base, entries, and format -- perhaps these are needed for proper svn operation?), but props is just an empty folder and tmp contains 3 empty subfolders (prop-base, props, text-base).

The Delete Files step following that is identical to the one from the earlier sample (but with a folder of '%BASE_DIR%\SVN_Source'), and it does, as expected, delete the files in the .svn folder, but not the props or tmp subfolders. At this point, building the checkout step again does fail ("Can't create directory 'doc\.svn': Cannot create a file when that file already exists"), so some files/folders it needs may have been deleted, but the Delete Files action appears to be deleting only what it was told to (I'm not familiar enough with svn to know what should or shouldn't be deleted, if anything).

Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) The version of Subversion being used
3) A .bld file that demonstrates the problem
4) A build log file

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip svndel.zip (7.7 KB, 1190 views)