View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 01:17 PM

> I'm not sure that's worth an extra command or button.

If you carefully read the whole thread Stephen you'll probably notice that the feature here debated is not focused on merely get home and collapse all. That's not the point.

For users that INfrequently open their database to store or search for an information, the problem of not having a way to swiftly move thru their database might not be an issue. However for others that use UR profusely as a central base of informational materials, brainstorm, document management and the like, moving smoothly and conveniently could be of greater interest, especially if they have to constanly focus on the Data Explorer pane in order to reorganize their thoughts.

I am of those that have built a huge and complex tree. I have organized my materials in what might at a glance seem a simple tree with some few nodes on the first level. They are my mega-themes. However when I go some levels deep into the tree and open many nodes, I frequently feel the need to go back and start again with new ideas and thoughts. This is why I'm trying to persuade (if possible) UR developers to reinforce and already powerful Data Explorer pane. The power and features with which UR has been endowed already in the DE pane talks to me that this is the right direction.

Leoram

Last edited by Leoram; 10-25-2005 at 01:21 PM.