View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 09:11 AM

Load time of forms with large drop-down lists

I've been using UR for a few months now, and it's working pretty well, but seems so slow:

Searches are pretty quick, but when I click on one of the items in the Search Results pane, it takes ~7 seconds to display that item's record.

If I want to then edit that record, I click in it and hit the Enter key...and UR takes another 7 - 10 seconds to retrieve the record and display it in editable mode.

On the other hand, if I double-click an item in the Search Results pane, UR takes 7 - 10 seconds to position to that record in the tree. Then if I want to edit it, it still takes an additional 7 seconds to put it into edit mode.

Why so slow? (I often switch to a different program and do something else for a bit while UR is doing its thing to get to the desired record, or get into edit mode.)

I'd think that by clicking on a record in the Search Results pane that database record could be bookmarked, so that getting into edit mode would be nearly instantaneous.

Oh, I should mention that I've done Compact & Repair on all three of my UR databases, and it didn't seem to help. (The range in size from 17 to 22 MB each.)

---------

Also, let's say that I'm jumping back and forth between two records I'm editing, by clicking on them in the Tree pane. It takes 7 - 10 seconds each time I switch to either record. It's as if there's no caching of the most recent record hits...which would be fine if things were faster. But editing two records in this way is pretty painful.

Last edited by FlagTech; 06-11-2014 at 09:22 AM.