View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:06 AM

OK - I have finally solved most of the problem here!

I happened to import an email from Thunderbird 2 into another program and guess what? The emails would not render there either. Opened them externally in Thunderbird, just like UR. So I knew then absolutely that the problem didn't lie with UR at all.

Then I went to my File Type listing and found that .eml files were set to open with Thunderbird. I have no idea if that is how it was always set up - I have never changed that manually, in Windows 7 nor in XP Pro. So I deleted that reference and now while .eml files still carry the Thunderbird icon (I didn't change that), they no longer open in Thunderbird externally. All my .eml files in UR are now shown internally. Yay!

However there is still a small problem: all new emails imported into UR - and even those I dragged in from the file system that have never been touched by Thunderbird - show in the MIME viewer IF they are text only. But if they are HTML emails they show internally in what I guess is either the UR browser or the RTF viewer - I'm not sure how to tell the difference in UR. And the problem now is that all the header information and HTML code is loaded upfront with text and images following further down the page.

This doesn't appear to be true for emails imported from Thunderbird earlier, but for any that I either import with the extension or drag into the tree the MIME viewer is not used and I see all the coding and header info.

Any idea how to get the HTML messages into UR intact? Is it possible that I have to set some file type now to automatically use IE?

BTW, this must be new with Windows 7 Home Premium, as I never set or changed the .eml file type before. Either that or Thunderbird 3 - which I had installed earlier - did this.

I appreciate any further advice.

Thanks!

Jim