View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by igoldsmid
Hi Rossco

If Omea Pro had stayed in business and was aggressively pursuing the development of new and updated features, then UR would have a real competitor. But right now, UR Pro is on its own with respect to providing a personal information management system that integrates almost flawlessly with your Microsoft 2000/3/7 products.

Another great feature is the ability to copy url links to any UR Items that you can then paste into other applications. I like to have "40,000 foot" navigation of my stuff visually. So instead of, for example, creating Favorites in UR, I capture the Items' url links, and paste them into Personal Brain, or another Visual Mapping Application I just picked up which I am finding to be "best of breed" - called XMIND. Now I have a high level Concept Map, or Mind Map, that I use to visually navigate all the important or favorite Items in UR, plus links to files on my PC and Web pages....

Ian
Hi Ian,
thanks for the info, I thought I recognised your name from somewhere, and it will be from either GEMX Forum, or Omea's, as I too went the Omea Pro route, only to find they ditched professional development of it and went open source....(which may not be a bad thing, but I want a product for business as well as personal use, so need reliability etc)

I like the way you say UR can import PST's (or sync with them)...does this mean I can send an email from within UR using Outlooks engine, without having to flick over to Outlook?....

Now that would be awesome, as this is something you could do with Omea Pro as it integrated with Outlook!

Yeah, I too would be dumping stuff form UR into Mind Manager to get my Mindmaps....from the sounds of it, UR makes it easy..

I will download the trial and give it a whirl...

Kind regards
Rossc