View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
just open the item in the word (CTRL+J), change the background, save it, and put it in your template dir ...
Nice tip, thanks. I assume you mean "open the item in Word" so I opened in Word (2007), changed background color (e.g. tan) and saved it (in Word). I haven't put it in my template directory yet, but the folder I did CTL+J from now has tan background color. I didn't know you could do that.

Strange behavior though: now some child folders display the tan background color sometimes and others remain unchanged. I was expecting only the folder I started from to change since I didn't make it part of the template. Instead, if I click the parent first then SOME child folders are tan, but when I click on a child folder that is still white background and click back to the previous tan child folder it is now back to white!

I'm sure there's an explanation for this based on something I've done incorrectly. My hope is a future version of UR will let us do this much more easily by simply right-clicking inside the item or going to Item Attributes tab to select a background color/image attribute. Not a big priority, but would be nice.