View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 05:01 AM

Put this in the "for whatever it's worth - probably not much - column"

I check in every now and then.

In the past, I was one of Kinook's biggest fans and most ardent supporters. I frequenlty made suggestions, and found Kinook to be receptive (hoist is in here, I think, because I and others made such a strong case and were friendly, but firmly insistent about it).

But I've had no choice but to look for alternatives. I'm guessing this is not the way things were intended when the roadmap was created. But it is clear that either other things have assumed much greater priority or there has been a loss of interest in developing this in accord with the roadmap. Changes, if and when they come, seem to be mainly unrelated to the roadmap and can be best described as tweaks. Some useful, to be sure, but still not of major interest to me (and perhaps to others who had their suggestions appear on the roadmap).

I wish things were different, but they are what they are. If there is a version 6 and it is anything like the release of version 5, I won't be buying it. The roadmap is important to me. I'd love nothing better than to buy a new version, but it has to be per the roadmap.
http://kinook.com/Forum/showthread.p...hlight=roadmap

Chief in my preferences - from the roadmap:
* multi-database search
* enhanced tag pane and tagging
* calendar enhancement
* Open multiple items in separate windows

With these, I'd have a reason to try and hopefully buy a version 6. I'd really like to be able to do so as I remain a fan despite my disappointment with the direction of things.

- Bal

Last edited by wordmuse; 12-08-2014 at 11:29 AM.