Thread: more on export
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ashwken
On a machine that is running UR v.3.04, IE6, and MS Office 2000 SP-3, from the UR generated html both .rtf and Word .doc files are being shown in the RH-Pane. [snip]I don't know how to explain why this happening, or why it wouldn't happen. Also, I have no idea what would be displayed if this material were to be posted to the web, then viewed by a user who did not have Word (or a Word viewer ???) installed.
Ken, 2 things of note. I am on a w2k-sp4 machine & I don't have outlook; rather I have a Word (2002) standalone. I believe this may have been before there was such tight integration between the MS products.

If you are seeing the actual 'word' screen within URp then I can categorically say I have never seen that. The best I've been able to accomplish is seeing non-formatted '.doc ' documents in URp while the '.rtf' documents are formatted so it looks like wherever the 'Word' viewer comes from (Outlook?) is missing on my system.

This may also be connected to that advanced option that I can't seem to access.

As for the html export....well, that remains a mystery. In any case, thanks for all your time & help.