View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 AM

I think I've finally figured this one out. At least I could reporduce the behaviour outside of our build procedure. I'm now curious to see if this has the same effect at you're location.

I've set the ConfigFilesPath in the registry to a network location \\server\sharename$ and everybody has full control. Next I open the main.bld and step trough every step.

Main will first remove 2 global macros and then call create.bld. This will create 2 global macros and initialize them with a value one with 'ABC' and the other wih '123'. This works as expected.

Next step logs these values, once again correctly. The next step should change the values of both macros, but when you examine the value of these macros in the result log you will notice that these have not changed.

As you can see from the log file the macro's value isn't changed although the change message has been logged.

... partial log file ...

_TEST_MACRO_1 = ABC
TEST_MACRO_2 = 123
Building project step 'Change global macro'...
Building project step '_TEST_MACRO_1'...
Updated Global macro '_TEST_MACRO_1'
Building project step 'TEST_MACRO_2'...
Updated Global macro 'TEST_MACRO_2'
Building project step 'Log values after'...
Building project step 'Log values A'...
AAAAAAA

_TEST_MACRO_1 = ABC
TEST_MACRO_2 = 123

What I noticed during this is that sometimes the global macro's tab isn't updated with the created macros (the log.bld will promt for the macro values) when stepping. When running, the problem seems to be a little bit diffrent, I just can't put my finger on it.

I've tested this with vbp 5.7 on a windows 2000 server against a windows 2000 network share and a windows 2003 network share.

If you need more infomration, just let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip macro.zip (1.5 KB, 936 views)