Thread: Templates
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 04:00 PM

Question Templates

I have been using UR for a few days and am overall very impressed with it. It took me a bit to figure out how to add custom attributes (it is not in the online help that I could find) but I managed to run across it and have been using it to customize some things.

Currently, I am building a database of articles that pertain to my company's product. To facilitate this, I created about 3 dozen custom attributes such as author, publication, date of publication, etc. I set up a custom template called "Article" that was based on the Document template but is not a child of it to contain these new custom attributes.

So far, so good. BUT...

When I want to bring in a new article, it will ONLY use the basic pane (with the 'link to document'). Well, sometimes I want to paste text and not link to it.

I have discovered how to change the template so that it pulls in these extra fields but this only works SOMETIMES, I can't figure out what I'm doing differently. Actually, I did it a few times by accident and now can't figure out how it happened so I can duplicate it.

If I start a new Document, I get the link part that I don't want. If I start new Text, I can paste just fine but it only gives me choices of Folder, Project, Task or Text for the template to switch to.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
Amei