View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
I believe it's the time restriction, not the 1000 item limit, that is kind of easy to go around. But that's not the point. If one wants to test the new features, 1000 items should be more that enough. If your current database is much bigger, just make a copy of it, and delete some items, then you can test everything ...
Thanks a lot for version 2.

I didn't know about the 1000 item restriction, and I thought there was an issue or malfunction. For a while, I thought I was successfully copying things, when I wasn't. (There was probably an actual malfunction that kept the limit notice from popping up.)

It doesn't seem to me that when a licensed user tries a new version, he should have to review the limitations. And if he doesn't, problems like the above become inevitable for some.

Here's why, however, I see this as an ethical issue. The user is trying a new version. In addition to the normal hassles of trying a new product, there is added a new hassle: at the least, creating a temporary notebook, and then later moving the new temporary stuff to the established notebooks. Not a terrible burden, but a factor, an annoyance, making it easier to just go ahead and buy version 3. Vendors are sensitive to these issues. This subtle but improper pressure is what made me decide NOT to upgrade.