View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Re: Amen to That!

Quote:
Will we ever see, in the Suggestions forum, a warm response from kinook like this: "Wow! Great suggestion, guys! We'll give it some careful thought. Stay tuned!"?
Probably not. Same as there are certain kinds of communication that we will not see from you. Or from me.

Quote:
(two of my UR's endorsements are featured on kinook's webpage)
You know well how to express yourself. You are probably very successfully employing your communication skills to great extent in your job and life.

Kinook guys are programmers. Digitally thinking. They are not the communication guys. They think in ones and zeros.
They are not even sales guys... Anything like a sales copy on their site? Nothing at all...

I would expect someone like you, possessing great communication skills, to be the one that shall put himself into another's shoes and see how we all are communicating differently, instead of requesting them that their way of communication be changed to match yours.

They have two product lines, one for tech guys and another for non-tech people (that's the UR). Have you seen the tech guys complaining about their way of communication? To them it's fine and very understandable way.

Quote:
Let's lower our expectations about customer service and product development. As you said, "Kinook is a company in a free enterprise system," so they can do pretty much what they want, when they want. I live in the Far East, where customer service is (still) taken a little more seriously.
They provide timely tech support and give technically correct info. Nothing more, that's true, but nothing less eithr.

Few days ago I talked to a friend and he is working on a system in a similar field (document and info storage), for a large company. $10 mil. contract, not mentioning the large per-month support fees. Here we have $49-99 software, support for life.

Some of the software that I have used in the past that became abandoned, was that the developers finally got tired of it all. Most are in it that they like it (usually development and not interacting with customers), but after all the problems with some of the customers (you'll only understand if you have worked in support position for some time), with collecting measly license fees, doing ten jobs in one, they get employed for few times their former income in the company that has the $10 mil. contracts and code happily ever after without ever having to be bothered again.

So while we are quite legitimately asking them to clear up certain things, we shall also let them have a fresh breath of air. Or it might come the thought they had few weeks ago will come back and more intensive, and they will kick our a***s for good, that all just due to different worlds we live in.