View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:08 AM

sample db file for Evernote 3.5 sent

Okay, I just sent a sample db file from evernote 3.5 (.exb) by email in a zipped attachment.

Thanks for looking into this!

Evernote 2.2 seems eons ago. I use version 3 for two functions: clipping easily (it's clipper is about the smoothest) and for keeping these clipping synchronized across machines. Evernote 3 is useful for organizing the clipped info, so I've all but ceased using it for serious professional research. At this point, I'm worried about data lock, as it does not appear that Evernote is serious about restoring any of the functionality they jettisoned between 2.2 and 3.0. I've used UR for quite a while and am impressed with its power, versatility, stability--and the options for getting data OUT!

I would probably use UR for just about everything, if it could sync over the internet. I need to be able to work on my knowledgebase in many locations. Lately I've been trying Surfulater--which clips pretty well (integration not perfect), but has very satisfying organizational tools. It's version of a tag tree appeals to me more than any other I've seen.