View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
hmmm ...

time is precious, but I'm sure Kinook will address your problem the first thing on Monday.

Daly: I am sure Kinook will get on it -- they are good that way.

Doesn't the linking and storing work when you use internal browser? Just to say that I never had any problems with either internal browser or Launchy. Even though it would be nice if Kinook had it's own Firefox add-on for linking and storing pages, you cannot expect them to support every external browsers and creating extensions when all works fine for the internal browser inside UR, or does it not?

Daly: It was Kinook who began the offering of option re external browser. Having done that, I do take exception when someone says "you cannot expect them to support every external browsers." Firefox is not just some external browser -- it is the only really competition Explorer has, and it has largely won that position by being more innovate, faster, and more secure than IE. While it is not perfect, Firefox is the only browser that many of us will willingly use, and we get bloody fed up with developer forcing Microsoft down our throats -- as Kinook does when, for example, it insists on using computer settings for various things rather than developing its own settings. But that's a rant for another day.

I will be sending a message to the 5,000 member Getting Things Done Group and to Outlinersoftware.com, many of whom use UR for GTD, to use the program with greatest caution, if at all when, when attempting to copy or link to web materials.

[I haven't updated Firefox, I'm using version 2.0.0.2]
I am trying to be considerate of Kinook, but as you can see I am not the only one having problems with this issues, which seems to be taking various forms at the moment, as reflecte by emails.