View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 11:44 PM

I understand your point about Launchy. But...it was Kinook's decision to use Launchy because Kinook was getting a lot of feedback from folk in the Firefox set who wanted nothing to do with IE.

Iit would have been better -- and perhaps it will still happen -- for Kinook to develop their on process and to get rid of Launch.

Your use of the word hoaxing is objectionable and uncalled for. If I find out that the mistake is mine, as I did with regard to the tab issue, I will be most forthright and apologetic. A hoax is a deliberate intentional effort to creat false information, most often detrimental to the victim of the hoax. There is no intent here so back off bro.

I do not feel any particular need to point out, however, that Launchy is different from Kinook. Kinook chose to use Launchy; so issues with Launch is their problem.

My latest finding is that when I try to use Launchy that the Import item in the UR tree goes bold -- but that nothing appears underneath the item, or anywhere else.

Does this mean that the issue somehow is not in Launchy either, but in UR?

I don't know, but where I do agree with you is that Kinook in its usual professional fashion will be all over this tomorrow, and that's to their credit.

But I'm still out about $500 and several hours of time, and so I have been on a rant.

And as I said before, perusing the forum and outlinersoftwear.com indicates there have been various related issues around this stuff.

Pperhaps we can get these issues solved.

Daly

Quote:
Originally posted by quant
Daly,

wau wau wau ... I'm astonished! You certainly have time to grumble everywhere you can, you must really be pissed off. First let me remind you that Launchy is not made by Kinook, so as such, it is not a responsibility of Kinook for Launchy to work. I updated to 2.0.0.3 just now to see whether there is some problem, but all works fine here with either Launchy or when using as internal browser.

---------------------
Daly de Gagne:
I would appreciate it if members could share this warning with any other groups to which they belong, and whose members could be hurt by the current glitches in UR.
---------------------

I on the other hand would appreciate if you realize how much damage/hurt can be done to Kinook reputation by sending messages like this. It would be nice if you somewhere mention that Launchy is NOT supported by Kinook, but can be used (with discretion). I hope you find the guts and send another messages apologizing to Kinook for hoaxing in case you find that there is problem in your setting and not in UR.