View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeg
Since UR version suddenly jumped from 3.5 up to 4.0, I'm guessing this is a way to fund additional development.
Hopefully. But I'm not sure it was the best strategy to employ, adding few smaller features instead of one big that alone would warrant an upgrade fee. I would think that Calendar was the most wanted feature for the next release, and it also had a good potential to bring new customers. Kinook could start threads about what features users wanted in the Calendar, this debate could liven up the forums and would hopefully result in the great Calendar feature that everyone would be happy to pay an upgrade fee for. Well, maybe the next version.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeg

P.S. I think any ease-of-use or improved help enhancements have a double benefit of possibly bringing in more new customers who might otherwise be overwhelmed or simply ignorant of the power and flexibility of UR (I'm still learning what is possible after a few years). [/B]
... yep, that's probably the "Achilles' heel" of UR ;-)
more video tutorials, better marketing ... I myself found UR only by chance ... most people still have no idea what PIM is.