View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Multi-Database Search

700 MB – that’s quite a decent size StephenUK! My UR implementation strategy avoids letting databases grow to more than about 10% of the size of yours. I presume you have a reasonable amount of stored content? Hey – if you don’t mind – what are your database stats? eg. from menu [File | Properties].

To keep database size down I link rather than store files (as a few of us discussed in thread http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=1031). I also admit to being a compulsive compartmentalizer. To that end I’m likely to create separate “resource” orientated databases for big projects. (BTW: I have one central DB covering PIM type usage.) With separate databases, I’m in a better position to archive a specific project with all it’s key data by simply archiving the project's main folder.

As alluded to by Kinook, UR seems to handle multiple databases fine - I use it a lot - love that <F6> key! However, not with big DB's. I would also support a search multiple database function. So, if anyone has some constructive comments on how to implement such a facility – perhaps start a thread in the Suggestions area?