View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
(1) What do you mean by the "default" setting? The extension provides two buttons/menu items in Firefox, one for link and one for copy (AFAIK neither one is a default).
My apologies for the confusion -- and my thanks for your clarification. I had simply overlooked the Link option in FireFox. Instead, I had been mistakenly using the Copy command, which always required that I manually reset it to "link" when I didn't want to copy the entire page into UR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinook View Post
For generic import operations such as the global import hotkey, drag/drop, and copy/paste, the default is actually link, but can be made copy by checking Tools | Options | Import | Store contents when importing files and Outlook items.

(2) The indicators for a stored item are:
a) Item title in Item Details pane suffixed with [Stored]
b) Store Contents button on Item Toolbar/Menu depressed
c) Existence of Document Size attribute (if shown at Tools | Options | Attributes)
Thanks for providing this additional clarification. The more I use UR, the more I like it -- and so far I have not found any PIM with as many of the features I've been looking for.

Also, I found a number of User Hints and Tips in the forum this afternoon that have been very helpful, and I was wondering: do you ever incorporate any of these tips in the Help files? I'm sure new users would love to have access to these recommendations on their desktops!