View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 04:47 PM

Re: Import Web Page Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Daly de Gagne
I still have periodic trouble capturing web pages from Firefox.

Here is what happened today.

In one of my UR databases, I could successfully capture web pages under the selected Imported heading.

The I opened a second data base. I selected Imported, went back to Firefox, and started to copy web pages in the usual way.

The little importing notice showed up over UR, so I knew the process as working up to that point.

The Imported heading flickered, but no imported item appeared under it, and the child window show no new kids.

I opened and close both that particular database a couple of times, and also closed and opened the whole application, but it made no difference.

I suspect I may have an open wrongly selected, but am at a loss. Most of the option headings are not clear to me, and when I go into the help file, often still are not clear. I realize this may be my ADHD as much as anything else.

Thank you for any help.

Daly
I think I have solved the problem -- although I do not know how it got to be a problem in the first place.

By checking all of UR databases I found that the only one that would not accept an import from Launchy, although "import" in the tree went bold, was the one I was having the trouble with.

So my hypothesis is this: somehow that one database became corrupted, because the Launchy system seemed to work in all the others.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what may have been the cause, and how can one prevent it from occurring again?

Thanks.

Daly