Thread: Forms
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:05 AM

Items Details Pane Scroll-bar

Good luck avoiding forms quant, you'll be back.

The scroll-bars can be a little annoying. It took a little while, but now i'm quite used to them. However I agree, the outer scroll-bar, (available when you create a form), could be handled differently.

It looks like Kinook have programmed this outer scroll-bar to appear whenever the vertical size of the Item Details Pane drops below around 470 pixels. At this point, they preserve the height of the RTF or "content viewer" region. I feel that we should change the order in which the scroll-bars appear. Basically, a scroll-bar for the viewer region should appear before the outer scroll-bar.

The viewer region should decrease in height as the Item Details Pane reduces in height. A vertical scroll-bar for the viewer region would automatically appear once full contents of the viewer are no longer visible.

Either:
(a) the viewer region is allowed to be squashed down until it is disappears, or
(b) the viewer region squashed down to say a minimum height of 75 pixels.
With point (b), one would be able to see a few lines of standard sized text, and thus an indication as to whether there is any content, and perhaps the nature of the content.

With scenario (a), the outer scroll-bar would only appear when the form is not completely visible. With scenario (b), the outer scroll-bar would only appear once the form and squashed down viewer region are not completely visible.