Thread: UR vs OneNote
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by martym
I have not used Onenote but I have been beta testing Zoot 6. It will have both POP3 and IMAP mail sync plus it has built in RSS handling. I like the smart folders. Define rules for a folder and database items automatcally go to that folder. That's a great feature for parsing a flood of inbox traffic. This concept would be a huge benefit to ultrarecall.
I'm a former Zoot user and that's the feature I miss most. Zoot's search is easier to use than UR's also.

I used Onenote for a time too, and while there were many things I liked about it, it stopped working for me when notebooks grew beyond a certain size. I found it difficult to move things around and keep them organized.

I like the way UltraRecall integrates with the file system. With Onenote you have to print a PDF to a page or store it as an attachment, while with UR you can open it inside the program. UR also preserves Web page formatting better than Onenote. Onenote irritated me the way it would lose the spacing between paragraphs when you copied and pasted a Web page, for example.