View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 PM

I would like to add my support to this request for a way to limit a keyword search to user-defined keywords only.

I believe that creating an Attribute called Tags would only allow one keyword to be assigned to each item, whereas enabling a search on user-defined keywords only, would allow users to assign multiple values to the UserKeyword attribute to implement a tagging and searching approach that has been requested in this and several other posts, without compromising the usefulness of the current full-text keyword search.

I am also eagerly awaiting the following keyword related improvements that were included on the June 2006 Roadmap:

1. Simplified editing of user-defined keywords (copying from the Auto-generated keyword list would seem to be an obvious option)

2. Auto-generated keyword export

3. Keyword exclusion import/export capability

These improvements should make keywording in general and the above suggestion in particular easier to manage. However, there are some other, keyword related requests/suggestions that you might consider including when makeing changes to this area:

a. Rank search results by relevance (perhaps user defined should be considered very relevant)

b. Replacing the Add keyword edit box with a combo that is populated with all previously added user-defined keywords

I would be interested to hear any news or views on this topic.