View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM

Causes?

Who is using reminders and how much?

I don't use the reminder facility a hell of a lot.
Whilst preparing to do a parcel of work I'll set a reminder for my next appointment or to prompt me to take a break. I therefore don't often have reminders hammering me when I first start UR. I also don't have UR automatically starting when windows starts. Which begs another question, who has UR starting when windows starts?

I guess I mention these 'cause from my development experience you can stuff up a stable application when responding to user requests orientated around "...me not want to remember that - make program do it automatically...". You then spend some time working out how to make the various new processes cooperate and perhaps be subservient to the existing processes, let alone other apps. For example, compiling a 100,000 line application when UR pops up a reminder. With DB apps something can get out of synch but the consequences not rear their ugly head until sometime later.

I guess I'm fishing for ideas - especially wrt my efforts to make UR crash during evaluation. Doing things like stored content, heaps of tabs open, putting in heaps of reminders and so on and so forth... Probably not being particularly helpful but with these f'ing annoying intermittent problems determining the cause sometimes comes from a quite unexpected direction.