View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 02:31 PM

With respect to this thread's problem and my thread on inserting .jpg's from a screen capture program - sorry, I hadn't searched the forum for that one as I should have -, I would like to know, in general, if there's a possibility to have another INTERNAL editor, except for those MS ones.

The background of my question is this: Opening UR items in MS Word (or any other external editor, perhaps - I didn't try yet) is really helpful if you want to edit them in a thorough way, e.g. by replacing tabs, empty lines, multiple paragraph marks by just two, eliminating spaces before and after lines' text, and so on; but for normal editing or just viewing of your items, this wouldn't be handy at all.

But I'm craving for just a detail, present though in ANY other standard program: I'd like to be able to do the commands "scroll upwards/downwards" with my (additional) mouse keys, like I can do in any standard text editor, any standard outlining program, any standard internet browser, and even any standard graphics program (vector graphics, flowcharts, etc.) - it's just in the MS editor .dll's used in UR that I can't do that (BTW, UR's tree represents the same problem).

So I'm thinking of another .dll to replace the MS .dll's used in UR, and I'd even be willing to pay for such a .dll if it works smoothly in UR.

Thus my question, before searching for hours in the net for such a thing and trying it out: Is there any such .dll kinook or any UR user knows of, that allows for that otherwise ubiquitous scrolling by mouse, unlike the standard MS .dll, and be it free or going with a fee?