View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 PM

Well, I am now using Live Mesh to sync my main UR database, and that is working well. I do have my notebook synchronized with the Live Mesh Desktop but I amkeeping very little in the Mesh, and I am not auto-synching my desktop computer with it. Instead I manually download and use that database and then uploading it again before leaving the desktop PC. Also, I'm exporting the database at least daily - more if I make any significant changes to the structure of it.

Unfortunately, the problem I initially posted about here is still plaguing me: When UR autostarts with Windows on the notebook (Vista Ultimate), the original first database I created on the notebook is opened. There does NOT appear to be a way to get any other database to open with UR by default - which is kind of crazy.

I did notice that there may be some confusion within UR on Vista as to where databases are stored. In Windows XP my UR databases are stored in the My Documents>My Ultra Recall Databases directory - and UltraRecall knows to look there first. In Vista I also keep my UR databases in the Documents>My Ultra Recall Databases directory. That is where all of the databases I have created and used are. EXCEPT... the original database is stored in the Documents directory - not in the My Ultra Recall Databases subdirectory. And apparently the Documents directory is the only place that UR is looking for a database to open.

Now I don’t wish to store any UR databases in the Documents directory. That would be like storing them all in the My Documents directory in XP. Kind of messy to dump all documents in My Documents without any subdirectory structure. I need a little more order than that!

I moved the current "default" database that keeps opening into the My Ultra Recall Databases subdirectory with the rest of them. I'll post back the next time I fire up the notebook and let you all know what happens.

Jim