View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Features I'd like to see

Hi Armstrong,

The features I'd like to see - with the most important-to-me items first:

- a calendar that when a date is selected shows, at my choice, items created on that date, those modified on that date, or those due on that date. For those due on that date, I'd like to be able to be able to hide those already completed.

- custom flags - letting me pick the colors and their meanings.

- lower case path and file names during export so that I don't have to sweat the letter casing during ftp operations.

- the ability to move tabs around.

- synchronization with MS Word and/or OpenOffice Text styles so that a style created in URP would be recognized by either of those programs and vice versa.

- more robust numbering such that if I have a numbered list and separate two items with text that elaborates on the first number, the latter number doesn't go back to 1.

- along this line, the ability to set the numbered list to have any start number I desire.

- the ability to index web documents. And if access to such documents required login, requiring me to log in for the index for the document to work.

- an online version of URP that works from my browser, similar to Evernote.

- lower case html throughout the exports, without touching the content of the text itself. So <b> and not <B>.

- the full set of windows colors for text and text backgrounds.

- having the text-background be recognized as a background by Word as distinct from a highlighting. They are very different, and I'd like URP to harness this difference.

- the ability to specify as an item attribute that any links to URLs (as distinct from internal linking) goes to either a new tab or an external browser.

Guess that's a good ambitious start.

Regards,
Bal