View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ferp_ferp
OK, thanks. I don't have a slow internet connection in general however. As I said in my mail, I routinely get 500K/s download speeds and pages load quickly in IE and FF.

Maybe it's a Vista issue, maybe not. I guess I've lived with it this long I can live with it a bit longer.
Frankly, I cannot understand it the slow copy either

See below which is from an earlier thread which is contrasting UR webpage copy speed with two other programs :

Kinook Software Forums - Why does Ultra Recall take so much longer to save a webpage ?
"Why does Ultra Recall take so much longer to save a webpage ?

Besides Ultra Recall, I use two other program to capture webpages. I'm actually trying to settle on 1 or 2 but not using all 3.

Ideally, I would like to stick with just 1 and hopefully I would like to settle on just using Ultra Recall.

And both these other programs are much faster at the webpage captures.

For example, it may take Ultra Recall a full 12 full seconds, Program A, 1 sec and Program B 3 secs.

Program A also indexes the captures and I can search for the article instantaneously.

Program B also indexes the captures except that it does not do instantaneous search. I have to type the keyword and hit enter.

I'm just plain curious - Why the big difference ?"
http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...&threadid=2926