View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 10:59 AM

Kevina, your response above is a confirmation of the lack of functionality that deal with copy, move, link Info Items.

I want to draw your attention especially to the second part of my post.

If you read carefully, you'll probably find out that what I'm requesting/reporting is slightly far off from your response. For example: my main objection to the way UR does things now is that the user first has to pick or select Info Items, then "navigate" all the way a cluttered, heavy-weight tree in order to find the place to drop the copy or link. The problem gets worse when you have to link one Info Item to various Info Items in different locations on the tree. When this is done this way, the user normally *loses* his place (you don't get exactly where you were originally, same document, same place on the document, etc., no matter what you do). I have experienced this many times. I don't like to mention other softwares but some PIM developers have seen the need for this feature and have integrated it in their packages. This has not been in vain. I can sincerely say that the lack of this feature is one of the most ostensible drawbacks in UR.

As this is very important to me and probably to many users out there, I'll remain looking forward to your reconsideration and opinion about this issue and let us hear from you as your time permits.

Leoram

Last edited by Leoram; 01-27-2006 at 11:11 AM.