Thread: sort by date?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Re: sort by date?

Quote:
Originally posted by edmond
I am an enthusiastic user of Ultrarecall, after trying several other PIMs. I use it to back up and index my emails from Thunderbird, but I do not manage to order them according to the Item Attribute "Message date" in the tree view.
Is there any possibility to have a tree view ordered/filtered according one or several Item Attributes? I think something in the style of MyInfo PIM .... It would be a valuable improvement, in the case it is not already there
It's on the list for a future release. For now, the UR way to do this would be to create a custom Advanced search item (in the Search or Data Explorer pane) to find all messages (limited to a particular branch and filtered on date range or other attributes if desired), and then customize the columns and sorting in the Search Results pane. You can also include Lineage and/or Parent Title in the column layout (to include some tree information) if it would be useful.

Quote:
On a different line, some time ago in the forum it was mentioned about a future SDK kit or scripting possibilities for Ultrarecall. Any progress in this direction? I would love to be able to access for instance in Lua the database and process some items...
Some sort of programmatic access to the DB is on the list, but no ETA at this time for when we might get to it.