View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM

Re: Saving Web Pages - Am I doing something Wrong?????

Quote:
Originally posted by jjinwi
I have the latest version of UR and installed Launchy into Firefox.

When I save a webpage from firefox in UR all I get is the text... no pictures, no formatting...

What am I doing wrong????

I need to save the web pages... not just the links.

Thanks!

-jj
Last w/e when I had a problem getting UR to save at all, one of the things that happened on the road to recovery was that I reached a point where UR would only store web pages in text form.

Now, I don't know if any of the following will help or not, but in the process of doing them I got UR saving web pages as it should:

Under Options/Browser I made sure all of the first set of boxes were unchecked.

I downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of UR.

I realized that about the time I started to have problems I had started to use again Spysweeper from Webroot. I remembered that I had stopped using it a l ong while ago after a new version had come out because it was too invasive when left running all the time (which is the ideal, and which was OK in previous versions). So I stopped using Spysweeper, and completely removed it from my system.

Now, had I been more scientific or in a calmer frame of mind at the time I might have tracked the impact of each one of the steps listed above, and be able to say which one was the one that made the difference.

I hope that helps.

Daly